Basics of Pneumatic Conveying
Pneumatic conveying is the most widely used method for transporting bulk solid materials, but frequent problems occur because few people receive formal training about the technology. This course provides a broad education about everything related to pneumatic conveying.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Students will be introduced to all concepts of pneumatic conveying with lecture from industry experts and university researchers. Students will then take their learning into the full scale lab at the Bulk Solids Innovation Center, allowing them to put their hands on each piece of equipment. The course will demonstrate fundamentals of a pneumatic conveying system through a case study example, allowing students to walk step by step through implementing a pneumatic conveying system.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to answer:
- How does pneumatic conveying work?
- When is it appropriate, and when would a different type of conveying be better?
- What are all the components of a pneumatic conveying system and how do they work? Students will see cut-aways and disassemblies of each component.
- What is the difference between a pressure system and vacuum system and the advantages and disadvantages of each? Students will be able to see, feel, and hear system components to fully understand.
- There are so many types - dilute phase, dense phase, medium phase, vacuum sequencing - which is the right one for various applications?
This course is recommended for those needing a basic understanding of pneumatic conveying. Those employed in engineering, operations, maintenance, and management will find particular relevance. Students looking to further their learning may also be interested in our Advanced Pneumatic Conveying course.
Course instructors are leaders in the bulk solids industry and research experts from Kansas State University. View a full list of instructors.
Date: April 19-20, 2022
Time: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Bulk Solids Innovation Center in Salina, Kansas
Cost: $1,000 early bird rate; $1,200 standard rate
Included: Course instruction, course materials and notes, hands on exercises in full scale laboratory, and daily lunch and refreshments. Meals, travel, and lodging are not included in the registration fee and are the responsibility of the attendee. Visit our travel page for suggestions on getting to and staying in Salina.
Registration deadline: April 4, 2022
DISCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION FEE SCHOLARSHIP
A discounted rate is offered for companies sending multiple attendees. Discounts are tied to number of attendees as follows:
|Total Price with Early Bird||Total Price with Standard Rate|
|3 registrations per company||1 registration 50% off||$2,500||$3,000|
|4 registrations per company||1 registration free||$3,000||$3,600|
For companies sending more than four employees, discounts will be applied in the same increments as indicated above.
Please contact Professional Education and Outreach at email@example.com.