Continuing Education and Training on Bulk Material Handling
|The Bulk Solids Innovation Center provides industry focused short courses to further industry and employee education. Topics covered include powder and bulk solids handling, storage and flow, conveying, and material properties. In person courses are hosted at the Bulk Solids Innovation Center and combine a robust discussion of theory along with practical hands-on experimentation in the BSIC lab facilities. Online courses use the same mix of theory and practical demonstrations and are offered in a fully virtual environment. The BSIC also is available to work with your company to develop customized, on-site training solutions tailored to your company's needs.|
Upcoming courses are listed below. Courses are coordinated by the Professional Education and Outreach department at the Kansas State University Salina Aerospace and Technology Campus. For inquiries related to education and training, please contact the department at email@example.com. Please join our professional development email list to be notified of upcoming course details.
Powder and Bulk Solids Academy: Material Properties Testing and Results Application
Advanced Pneumatic Conveying
Storage and Flow of Bulk Solids
February 8-10, 2022 | Salina, KS | 3 Full Days
Details coming soon!
Join our email list to be notified of new courses and when registration opens.
Customized Classes to Suit Your Company's Needs in Bulk Solids Education
If desired, classes can be tailored to your company's specific needs. These can be held at the BSIC for your employees, or our instructors can come to your site.
Training Seminars - List of Topics
- Material Property Tests and how to evaluate your materials
- Gravity Flow and Storage of Bulk Solids
- Design of Silos and Bins
- Mixing Basics
- Segregation issues
- Dust Collection and Particulate Air Filtration: baghouses, filter receivers, cyclones, filter media, air emissions
- Safety when handling Bulk Solids
- Preventing Dust Explosions
- Pneumatic Conveying: Dilute Phase, Dense Phase, Vacuum Sequencing
- Pneumatic Conveying Troubleshooting
- Working with Vendors
- Project Management and Purchasing
- Milling, Size Reduction
- Screening, Separation
- Airlock Rotary Valves
- Shut-off and Control Valves
- Feeding Devices
- Air movers: Blowers, Fans, Air Compressors
- Weighing and Batching
- Instrumentation and Process Control