Kansas State University Bulk Solids Innovation Center is used to study and develop the understanding of bulk solids materials handling, in turn enhancing the businesses that use these materials or manufacture the systems that convey, store and dispense them. This university-level research center is the only one of its kind in North America.
- Research Areas - six laboratories for university and industry sponsored research
- Training/education, conference, and lecture rooms
- Material Properties Test Lab - bulk solids and particle properties can be evaluated and modeled in a test bench environment; includes a full range of lab instruments
- Full Scale Bulk Solids Test Bay - full scale systems include: vacuum and pressure dilute phase, vacuum sequencing, vacuum and pressure vessel dense phase, rotary valve dense phase, batch weighing, silo
- Zone blender, gravity flow, air filtration, feeding, mixing and silo storage